Adolescence Defined

“At no time of life is the love of excitement so strong as during the season of accelerated development of adolescence, which craves strong feelings and new sensations”

(G. Stanley Hall, 1904, p. 368)

Adolescence its Psychology

Psychologist, G. Stanley Hall first developed the term “adolescence” in his 1904 publication called Adolescence. Hall’s work led to the development of adolescence as a scholarly field. He defined adolescence as a time when younger individuals experience emotional and behavioral confusion, prior to establishing stability and reaching adulthood (Arnett, 2006).

Created by: Lisa Feeley, Amanda Halliburton and Bethany Mastrorilli

_______________________________________________________________

References:

Arnett, J. J. (2006). G. Stanley Hall’s Adolescence: Brilliance and nonsense. History of Psychology, 9(3), 186-197. doi: 10.1037/1093-4510.9.3.186

Hall, G. Stanley, (1904). Adolescence: Its psychology and its relations to physiology, anthropology, sociology, sex, crime, religion and education, Vol. I, (pp. 325-410). New York, NY, US: D Appleton & Company, xxi, 609 pp. doi:10.1037/10616-005

6 Responses to “Adolescence Defined”

1. I just added this blog site to my rss reader, excellent stuff. Can’t get enough!

2. Unlimited Top dogs USA Private Proxies – 100 Namelessness in addition to Smoothest Accelerate – Spend money on Proxies Right now on the subject of DreamProxies.com

3. Surely this was the best comment of all time on blogs, I thought it was fantastic.

4. Google says:

Here is a good Blog You may Locate Interesting that we encourage you to visit.

5. view it says:

I see you are into weight lifting as well! You should check out my blog, and other people articles!

6. Traiteur Rabat Regal; Traiteur de ronome au Maroc

Traiteur Rabat Regal au Maroc